- The southbound M40 would benefit from using the Cahill Expressway to Elizabeth St. This will avoid the Park St interchange, but who cares?
- The Pacific Highway is over serviced and IMO the best solution is chopping off the northern part of the M20
- STA routes E86-9 have been removed from York St to use Grosvenor and George Sts in the AM peak. This treatment should be spread to all AM peak only Hillsbus routes - 613, 614, 616, 617.
- A double decker bus meeting all ADRs (Australian Design Rules) has come on to the market. Yet this has not been ordered by any NSW operator to the knowledge of the author.
- Carrington St is not used as a drop off for Wynyard terminating buses. This is presumably due to the difficulty of accessing Clarence St via Margaret St. The fix for this problem would be to reverse an eastbound lane of Margaret St between Clarence and York Sts. This would allow these buses to return to their depots more quickly or perhaps in time to make another peak run.
Monday, May 21, 2012
De-bottlenecking York St
Yesterday I blogged that the NWRL cannot be relied on to fix this problem. So what other fixes are possible?